Custom Hardwood Flooring
Custom Hardwood Flooring gives you total choice in designing a unique hardwood floor that you love in your home or office.
There are countless options for you to choose from in creating your custom hardwood flooring project including the following:
- Wood Types
- Wood Grades
- Flooring Products
- Plank Width and Thickness
To see a wide selection of all the above options, we recommend you visit our Showroom in Oakville, Ontario and speak with one of our Sales Representatives.
Custom Hardwood Flooring Process
A typical Custom Hardwood Flooring project has the following steps:
1) In Home Initial Design Meeting
- Our Sales Representative meets you at your home to hear what look and feel you would like to achieve with your new custom hardwood flooring, to measure your project space, and to review your preferences from list above
Note: We highly recommend you visiting our Showroom to evaluate all your choices
- With above information, our Sales Representative prepares and submits a detailed Proposal to you outlining the scope of work discussed and your investment in your custom hardwood flooring project
- Once Proposal is accepted and deposit received, we schedule your project into our work calendar
3) On Site Preparation
- Prior to us beginning your custom hardwood flooring project, we kindly ask you to do the following:
- Remove all furniture, paintings, mirrors, electronics, appliances, etc, from the project space
- Seal off doorways in to rooms outside project space with plastic sheeting and masking tape to minimize dust accumulation
- Be available during the sanding process in order to view and approve stain and finish choices
4) Custom Hardwood Flooring Delivery
- We deliver your hardwood flooring of choice to your home a minimum of 72 hours prior to its installation in order to give the wood time to acclimatize to your home’s environment. Wood expands and contracts depending on humidity and temperature levels, so this is a crucial step.
5) Initial Sanding (if required)
- Using industry leading precision sanding machines, we prepare your new raw unfinished hardwood flooring for staining and finishing by sanding it down to a smooth finish
- Our sanding machines simultaneously sand and vacuum the majority of dust produced to minimize impact on your home space and reduce project timeline
6) Filling in Gaps and Nail Holes (if required)
- Wall to wall wood filler is applied to the unfinished hardwood to fill in any gaps and nail holes.
7) Final Sanding (if required)
- After wood filler is applied and dries, we sand the flooring surface again to remove any excess wood filler and ensure the raw unfinished surface is ready for staining and finishing
- Our installers stain a section of your sanded raw unfinished floor surface with color tones that you are interested in seeing, you must approve it on site before we stain entire project space
- This staining process allows you to create a custom colour that you have envisioned, and can choose to go lighter or darker or add different color tones until the color is produced.
- Prior to us finishing your stained hardwood flooring, we ask our clients to visit our showroom to confirm the finish and sheen that you prefer. Once confirmed and stain is dry, our installers will finish the project space.
- We use Polyurethane, Water-based and Tung Oil finishes
9) Waste Removal and Disposal
- We take any garbage we produced away and dispose of it properly with local recycling centre
Budgeting for Custom Hardwood Flooring
Budgeting for your Custom Hardwood Flooring project takes into account all items discussed above and is incorporated in your Proposal.
Contact us below to discuss your unique custom hardwood flooring project.
What Customers Think of Our Hardwood Flooring Services
The group of men that did the work for us were extremely reliable, punctual and professional at all time.
They answered all of our questions and were very helpful with our thoughts and concerns.
Our flooring looks better than we had ever imagined.
Thank you again to all the staff.
I just love coming home and seeing the great results.
When people ask me who did my floors I tell them they should only go to the boys at Antique Hardwood Flooring.
Many thanks and keep up the good work.