Finished On Site Hardwood Flooring
Finished On Site Hardwood Flooring is the process by which you select and we install custom raw, unfinished, hardwood flooring, and custom stain and finish it in your home.
The beauty with finished on site hardwood flooring is that you have the choice of wood species, plank width, thickness, grade, stain, and finish.
The possibilities are completely endless! This allows you to choose hardwood flooring of your choice to create a custom floor that meets your everyday lifestyle and design aesthetic.
Finished On Site Hardwood Flooring Process
A typical Finished On Site Hardwood Flooring project has the following steps:
1) In Home Initial Design Meeting
- Our Sales Representative meets you at your home to hear what look and feel you would like to achieve with your new finished on site hardwood flooring, to measure your project space, and to review your preferences for wood species, plank width, thickness, grade, stain colors and finishes.
Note: We recommend visiting our Showroom to narrow your choices for stain colors and finishes.
- With above information, our Sales Representative prepares and submits a detailed Proposal to you outlining the scope of work discussed and your investment in your finished on site hardwood flooring project
- Once Proposal is accepted and deposit received, we schedule your project into our work calendar
3) On Site Preparation
- Prior to us beginning your finished on site hardwood flooring project, we kindly ask you to do the following:
- Remove all furniture, paintings, mirrors, electronics, appliances, etc, from the project space
- Seal off doorways in to rooms outside project space with plastic sheeting and masking tape to minimize dust accumulation
- Be available during the sanding process in order to view and approve stain and finish choices
4) Finished On Site Hardwood Flooring Delivery
- We deliver the raw, unfinished hardwood flooring of your choice to your home a minimum of 72 hours prior to its installation in order to give the wood time to acclimatize to your home’s environment. Wood expands and contracts depending on humidity and temperature levels, so this is a crucial step.
5) Initial Sanding
- Using industry leading precision sanding machines, we prepare your new finished on site hardwood flooring for staining and finishing by sanding the raw unfinished hardwood floors down to a smooth finish
- Our sanding machines simultaneously sand and vacuum the majority of dust produced to minimize impact on your home space and reduce project timeline
6) Filling in Gaps and Nail Holes
- Wall to wall wood filler is applied to the unfinished hardwood to fill in any gaps and nail holes.
7) Final Sanding
- After wood filler is applied and dries, we sand the flooring surface again to remove any excess wood filler and ensure the raw unfinished surface is ready for staining and finishing
- Our installers stain a section of your sanded raw unfinished floor surface with color tones that you are interested in seeing, you must approve it on site before we stain entire project space
- This staining process allows you to create a custom colour that you have envisioned, and can choose to go lighter or darker or add different color tones until the color is produced.
- Prior to us finishing your stained hardwood flooring, we ask our clients to visit our showroom to confirm the finish and sheen that you prefer. Once confirmed and stain is dry, our installers will finish the project space.
- We use Polyurethane, Water-based and Tung Oil finishes
9) Waste Removal and Disposal
- We take any garbage we produced away and dispose of it properly with local recycling centre
Budgeting for Finished On Site Hardwood Flooring
Budgeting for Finished On Site Hardwood Flooring takes into account all items discussed above and is incorporated in your Proposal.
Contact us below to discuss your unique finished on site hardwood flooring project.
What Customers Think of Our Hardwood Flooring Services
The group of men that did the work for us were extremely reliable, punctual and professional at all time.
They answered all of our questions and were very helpful with our thoughts and concerns.
Our flooring looks better than we had ever imagined.
Thank you again to all the staff.
I just love coming home and seeing the great results.
When people ask me who did my floors I tell them they should only go to the boys at Antique Hardwood Flooring.
Many thanks and keep up the good work.