Hardwood Flooring Repairs
Through normal wear and tear, it is only a matter of time before your hardwood flooring gets damaged due to scratches, gouges from items dropping on them, water penetration, etc.
Our Hardwood Flooring Repairs service aims to either repair or replace hardwood flooring planks or sections in order to restore them back to new.
Hardwood Flooring Repairs Process
A typical hardwood flooring repairs project has the following steps:
1) In Home Initial Damaged Floor Assessment
- Our Sales Representative meets you at your home to see and assess your hardwood flooring repair area
- With the above information, our Sales Representative prepares and submits a detailed Proposal to you outlining the scope of work discussed and your investment in repairing your hardwood floors
- Once Proposal is accepted and deposit received, we schedule your project into our work calendar
3) On Site Preparation
- Prior to us beginning your hardwood flooring repairs, we kindly ask you to do the following:
- Remove all furniture, paintings, mirrors, electronics, appliances, etc, from the project space if required
- Seal off doorways in to rooms outside project space with plastic sheeting and masking tape to minimize dust accumulation, if required
4) Initial Sanding (if required)
- Using industry leading precision sanding machines, we remove the existing finish and stain by sanding the hardwood floors down to their raw unfinished surface
- Our sanding machines simultaneously sand and vacuum the majority of dust produced to minimize impact on your home space and reduce project timeline
5) Filling in Gaps and Nail Holes (if required)
- Wall to wall wood filler is applied to the unfinished hardwood to fill in any gaps and nail holes.
6) Final Sanding (if required)
- After wood filler is applied and dries, we sand the flooring surface again to remove any excess wood filler and ensure the raw unfinished surface is ready for staining and finishing
7) Staining (if required)
- Our installers stain a section of your sanded raw unfinished floor surface with color tones that you are interested in seeing, you must approve it on site before we stain entire project space
8) Finishing (if required)
- Prior to us finishing your stained hardwood flooring, we ask our clients to visit our showroom to confirm the finish and sheen that you prefer. Once confirmed and stain is dry, our installers will finish the project space.
- We use Polyurethane, Water-based and Tung Oil finishes
9) Waste Removal and Disposal
- We take any garbage we produced away and dispose of it properly with local recycling centre
What Customers Think of Our Hardwood Flooring Repairs Service
The group of men that did the work for us were extremely reliable, punctual and professional at all time.
They answered all of our questions and were very helpful with our thoughts and concerns.
Our flooring looks better than we had ever imagined.
Thank you again to all the staff.
I just love coming home and seeing the great results.
When people ask me who did my floors I tell them they should only go to the boys at Antique Hardwood Flooring.
Many thanks and keep up the good work.